Gabriela Bunu, Mrs.
Gabriela is currently following a residency programme in Pharmacy and is interested in pharmaco-genomics, and its applications to gerontology. Her passion for gerontology has started during her undergrad years, when she studied the oxidative stress biomarkers in hypertension in the elderly, as part of her graduation project at the National Institute of Gerontology and Geriatrics “Ana Aslan” in Bucharest.
- . Small molecules for cell reprogramming: a systems biology analysis. Aging, 2021, 13(24):25739-25762.IF=5.68
- . Knock-down of odr-3 and ife-2 additively extends lifespan and healthspan in C. elegans. Aging, 2021, 13(undefined).IF=5.60
- . Systems biology analysis of lung fibrosis-related genes in the bleomycin mouse model. Scientific reports, 2021, 11(1):19269.IF=4.38
- . SynergyAge, a curated database for synergistic and antagonistic interactions of longevity-associated genes. Scientific data, 2020, 7(1):366.IF=5.54
- . Explaining Health Across the Sciences in Healthy Biological Systems, 2020(5), Springer, Cham:53-78.
Starting 02.09.2016, the Institute of Biochemistry of the Romanian Academy is implementing the project “Multi-omics prediction system for prioritization of gerontological interventions”, co-funded through European Fund for Regional Development, in accordance with the funding contract signed by the Ministry of National Education and Scientific Research. The total funding for the project is 8.524.757,50 lei, of which 8.502.557,50 lei represent non-reimbursable funding. The project’s duration is 48 months.
Starting 01.06.2019, the Institute of Biochemistry of the Romanian Academy is implementing the EMBED project, funded by UEFISCDI (contract 103, from 01.06.2019), through the ERA-NET COFUND-NEURON III grant call. The project aims to assess the shared molecular links between pre- and post-natal, metabolic and psychosocial stress, and the risks of depression later in life, and its duration will be 36 months.
The project aims to analyze and compare the age-related transcriptomics signatures in variuos tisues, both in healthy and pathological individuals, in order to identify shared or unique aging signature that drive aging or age-related diseases.