Mari Chiritoiu, PhD
In the future, dr. Chiritoiu aims to understand key aspects of the molecular mechanism of leaderless protein export, such as interleukin-1β and α-synuclein, related to inflammation and neurodegeneration.
- . Targeting EDEM protects against ER stress and improves development and survival in C. elegans. PLoS genetics, 2022, 18(2):e1010069.IF=5.90
- . Affinity proteomics and deglycoproteomics uncover novel EDEM2 endogenous substrates and an integrative ERAD network. Molecular & cellular proteomics : MCP, 2021:100125.IF=5.91
- . Therapeutic potential of interleukin-15 in cancer (Review). Experimental and therapeutic medicine, 2021, 22(1):675.IF=1.78
- . EDEM1 Drives Misfolded Protein Degradation via ERAD and Exploits ER-Phagy as Back-Up Mechanism When ERAD Is Impaired. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2020, 10(21):3468.IF=4.10
- . Proteomics of regenerated tissue in response to a titanium implant with a bioactive surface in a rat tibial defect model. Scientific reports, 2020, 10(1):18493.IF=3.99
- . Silencing the Cytoskeleton Protein Iba1 (Ionized Calcium Binding Adapter Protein 1) Interferes with BV2 Microglia Functioning. Cellular and molecular neurobiology, 2020.IF=3.80
- . Long-Term Evaluation of Dip-Coated PCL-Blend-PEG Coatings in Simulated Conditions. Polymers, 2020, 12(3).IF=3.42
- . GRASP55 and UPR Control Interleukin-1β Aggregation and Secretion. Developmental cell, 2019, 49(1):145-155.e4.IF=9.19
- . Unconventional secretion of FABP4 by endosomes and secretory lysosomes. The Journal of cell biology, 2018, 217(2):649-665.IF=8.89
- . Inhibition of N-glycan processing modulates the network of EDEM3 interactors. Biochemical and biophysical research communications, 2017, 486(4):978-984.IF=2.56
- . Chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 1 (CXCL1) and chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 2 (CXCL2) modulate the activity of TRPV1+/IB4+ cultured rat dorsal root ganglia neurons upon short-term and acute application. Journal of physiology and pharmacology : an official journal of the Polish Physiological Society, 2017, 68(3):385-395.IF=2.48
- . Antimicrobial polycaprolactone/polyethylene glycol embedded lysozyme coatings of Ti implants for osteoblast functional properties in tissue engineering. Applied Surface Science, 2017, 417:234-243.
- . Biocomposite coatings based on Poly (3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate)/calcium phosphates obtained by MAPLE for bone tissue engineering. Applied Surface Science, 2017, 417:204-212.
- . Long-term exposure to CXCL2 has cytotoxic effects on HEK293T cells stably expressing TRPV1. Romanian Biotechnological letters, 2017.
- . Laser deposition of poly(3-hydroxybutyric acid-co-3-hydroxyvaleric acid) - lysozyme microspheres based coatings with anti-microbial properties. International journal of pharmaceutics, 2017, 521(1-2):184-195.
- . Tyrosinase degradation is prevented when EDEM1 lacks the intrinsically disordered region. PloS one, 2012, 7(8):e42998.
- . C-terminus glycans with critical functional role in the maturation of secretory glycoproteins. PloS one, 2011, 6(5):e19979.IF=4.09
This project aims to develop a sensitive high-throughput screening platform by generating an endogenously tagged interleukin-1β reporter cell line by CRISPR-Cas9 technology, able to monitor stimulated IL-1β secretion with the purpose to identify new chemical compounds with anti-inflammatory activity that will be validated in primary macrophages and a mouse model for sepsis.
This project aims to understand the molecular events associated with protein aggregation and how a Golgi located protein along with the UPR pathway modulate this process. Model proteins such as IL-1β and α-synuclein, previously shown to aggregate will be employed for these studies. Achieving the objectives of this project should facilitate the understanding of the signaling pathways and the sequence of events correlating the stress sensing machinery with cytoplasmic proteome instability.